** NEW CONCERNS **
- Hurricane Delta is quickly moving toward the Gulf Coast and threatening many of the same communities where thousands of people are still in emergency lodgings after fleeing Hurricane Laura.
- The Red Cross is mobilizing emergency shelters, volunteers and relief supplies to help. More than 500 Red Cross disaster workers supporting relief efforts in Louisiana — either on the ground or virtually. We have pre-positioned more shelter and relief supplies along the Gulf Coast.
- We urge people to stay out of harm’s way above all; listen to the advice of local officials and evacuate immediately if asked.
- People are depending on the Red Cross now. Please click, text or call to donate to the Red Cross. Every donation will make a difference in someone’s life.
COVID-19 has not changed the Red Cross mission, and we are still providing the same types of support as we have previously.
- To help keep people safe, we are following guidance from CDC and public health authorities — and have put in place additional precautions, including face coverings, health screenings, and social distancing.
- Ensuring people have a safe place to stay during a disaster is a critical part of the Red Cross mission, but how we support sheltering efforts may be different in each community, depending on local emergency operations plans.After a disaster, the Red Cross will tailor our services to meet the needs of each community. Local volunteers will provide critical, on the ground relief to their neighbors in need and we’ll also offer some services virtually, including health and mental health services, and other forms of support.It’s important to remember that responding to disasters is a team effort and no single organization can do it alone — this is particularly true in this current environment.
People are depending on the Red Cross now. You can help by making a donation or becoming a volunteer today.
- You can help people affected by Hurricane Delta by visiting redcross.org, calling 800-RED-CROSS or texting the word DELTA to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Donations enable the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from this disaster. This includes providing food, shelter, relief supplies, emotional support and other assistance. Ensure your donation helps people affected by Hurricane Delta by choosing that option on redcross.org/donate or 800-RED-CROSS.
- If you have the time, you can make a significant impact as a Red Cross volunteer. Review our most urgently needed volunteer positions at redcross.org/volunteertoday.
To schedule an interview, or gather more information, please reach out to one us anytime.
American Red Cross – New Mexico Chapter
Regional Communication Officer
American Red Cross – Arizona & New Mexico